The Demo-Ethno-Anthropological Archive - ALDEA
The Demo-ethno-anthropological Archive was founded in 2003. The first collections were the documents and other materials from the 2003-2004 project “From the ICCD Photographic Archives to Field Research in Anthropology: the Photography of Luciano Morpurgo and the cult of the Sanctuary of the Santissima Trinità at Vallepietra”.
Further materials are continuously being added and the collection now numbers roughly 13,000 photographs (black and white negatives, colour negatives and positives, digital colour), 300 digital video records and over 150 digital and analogue audio records. The collections are organised according to ICCD norms and disciplinary standards.
ALDEA promotes the conservation and use of the demo-ethno-anthropological heritage, through acquisition, organisation according to ICCD standards and specific disciplinary norms, and through access, communication of knowledge and creation of awareness. ALDEA maintains a research archive on development of catalogue standards and is the national reference for cataloguing and documentation criteria in DEA heritage.
The ALDEA collections include fonts from both public and private sources. ALDEA has objectives for cataloguing and creating awareness of demo-ethno-anthropological properties, and for restoration of conservation of documentation. It implements and adheres to guidelines indicated in a number of UNESCO documents:
- UNESCO Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage
- Italian National Commission for UNESCO
- UNESCO World Heritage Office, Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities
ALDEA has produced a number of multimedia products:
- Acqua di roccia (2005), video, by Emilio Di Fazio and Paola Elisabetta Simeoni, Italy, 14’30’’.
- Pellegrinaggio a Maria Santissima della Trinità (Fiumedinisi) (2005), video, by Emilio Di Fazio e Paola Elisabetta Simeoni, video, Italy, 67'.
- Il pellegrinaggio di Terracina al santuario della Trinità (2005), video, by Emilio Di Fazio e Paola Elisabetta Simeoni, video, Italy, 83'.
- Il contatto con il sacro (2010), video, by Emilio Di Fazio e Paola Elisabetta Simeoni, post-production by Emiliano Migliorini, Italy, 17'.